CRB introduces its newest Horizons report,
exploring the alternative proteins industry in 2023 and beyond.
Take a peek inside the report below.
What to Expect in the Report
In 2023, the products, ingredients, and tactics of commercial-scale alternative protein production may be evolving, but a central question remains: How does your alternative protein manufacturing strategy mesh with customers who demand a quality product at a price they’re willing to pay?
In our report, our SMEs tackle that question head-on and from multiple angles. Once again, they do so with the survey responses of 150 industry leaders who weigh in on their plans for cultivated meat, fermentation-derived proteins, and plant-based meat and dairy—as well as their strategies for addressing the complex safety, regulatory, and sustainability challenges that often vex large-scale food production.
The result is a compelling snapshot of the alternative proteins industry today, and where it’s headed tomorrow.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary: The alternative road to mainstream
- Aged to perfection: The maturation of the cultivated meat industry
- The future of fermentation-derived proteins
- Plant- and mycelium-based meat: The industry's shift from passion to pragmatism
- Got milk. Now what?
- Sustainability: From here to net-zero
- Rising to the regulatory challenge: Companies embrace food safety and quality to drive the industry forward